After impressing in her first season as a Vixen, Kate Eddy has been named in Netball Australia's 2020/21 Australian Development Squad, made up of 14 of the nation’s most exciting up-and-coming netballers.
Seven athletes have been brought into the squad for the first time following promising performances throughout the 2020 Suncorp Super Netball season; Mahalia Cassidy, Lara Dunkley, Tippah Dwan, Kate Eddy, Sasha Glasgow, Lauren Moore and Maisie Nankivell.
Introduced in 2019, this squad captures the talent within the Australian pathway demonstrating capability and potential to progress to the Origin Diamonds within the current four-year performance cycle.
The Australian Development Squad will gather for a camp in line with the Origin Diamonds as they prepare for the Constellation Cup in early 2021. Details around this camp is yet to be confirmed.
Origin Diamonds Coach Stacey Marinkovich is excited by the list that has been named.
“With Suncorp Super Netball lists expanded to 12 players this season, it really allowed for our next layer of talent to lay their claim on the game and I’m continually being impressed with what they’re putting out there – it will be great to get this group together with the Diamonds in 2021,” she said.
“Our priority with this squad is to identify and develop athletes within our pathway to ensure we have an elite program that is deep with talent right across the court. We will keep this program closely aligned to that of the Origin Diamonds and Under 21 Netball World Youth Cup team to help us prepare for our benchmark events in the Commonwealth Games and Netball World Cup.”
This squad was selected by the National Selection Panel made up of Marinkovich, Anne Sargeant and Michelle Wilkins.
2020/21 Australian Development Squad
• Mahalia Cassidy – Queensland Firebirds/Queensland
• Lara Dunkley – Queensland Firebirds/Victoria
• Tippah Dwan – Queensland Firebirds/Queensland
• Kate Eddy – Melbourne Vixens/Victoria
• Matilda Garrett – Collingwood Magpies/Victoria
• Sasha Glasgow – Adelaide Thunderbirds/South Australia
• Tara Hinchliffe – Queensland Firebirds/Queensland
• Olivia Lewis – West Coast Fever/Western Australia
• Jemma Mi Mi – Queensland Firebirds/Queensland
• Lauren Moore – NSW Swifts/New South Wales
• Maisie Nankivell – Adelaide Thunderbirds/South Australia
• Amy Parmenter – GIANTS Netball/New South Wales
• Alice Teague-Neeld – West Coast Fever/Victoria
• Maddy Turner – NSW Swifts/South Australia
You have not looked at any packages recently.
There are no featured packages.