Hope all you Vixens fans are hungry! Time to get creative in the kitchen and cook up a storm with some new recipes, provided to you by our Melbourne Vixens. Check in to find new tasty treats over time :)
KD Jamaican Coconut Drops Recipe
1. Cut up dry coconut 🥥
2. Then boil the coconut in water with ginger for 40mins
3. Add sugar to the mix (boil until it becomes thick)
4. Then add the vanilla
5. Use a spoon and scoop the drops onto a cookie sheet
6. Then leave to cool
Mwai Kumwenda Banana Bread Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Grease and line base of a regular 21cm x11cm loaf pan.
2. Beat eggs and sugar together in a stand mixer or with electric beaters on medium-high speed for 10 minutes, or until very thick and pale and the mixture forms a ribbon when beater is lifted. Reduce speed to low and beat in the oil in a steady stream. Add the vanilla and yoghurt and then the bananas and walnuts. Mix briefly then remove.
3. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate soda, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl and pour wet mixture onto the dry mixture, folding gently but thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack to cool.
Caitlin Thwaites' Bruschetta Recipe
1. To toast your bread, place slices on an oven tray and drizzle a small amount of olive oil over bread, then sprinkle a pinch of salt. Place in the oven to toast/grill (keep an eye on it, it can burn quickly!) Remove when a little brown and crunchy, I like mine still soft in the middle. (150 degrees, no more than 5 mins)
2. Slice tomatoes in halves or quarters, and Chop avocado into small chunks and mix together in a bowl.
3. Finely chop 2 slices of red onion, and roughly chop the Basil. Add and stir through the tomato and avocado mixture. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and a little olive oil.
4. Plate up. Place toast in middle of your plate, spoon on the bruschetta mix, crumble the feta over the top, and drizzle the balsamic reduction.
Caitlin Thwaites' Smoked Salmon Salad Bowl
1. Rinse spinach with water, then place a handful in each bowl.
2. Slice up baby beets into halves or quarters, place in bowl in a pile next to spinach. Then slice up avocado, I like to fan it out to look pretty!
3. Add the sugar snap peas, and pea shoots.
4. Carefully roll up the slices of smoked salmon and place in bowl too!
5. Crumble some feta over the top of salad and add roughly chopped hazelnuts! Add balsamic drizzle (optional).
Tegan Philip's Healthy Banana Bread
Liz Watson's Banana Bread
5 ripe bananas
1/3 cup of oil
1/4 cup of greek yoghurt or milk
1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup
2 eggs, beaten
1tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 and 3/4 cup of wholemeal flour
Mix all together and cook at 180 degrees for 40-45mins