The Melbourne Vixens are an elite sporting organisation with important ties to the community and grassroots netball. Part of this commitment to the community is facilitated through athlete appearances.
Our core focus in relation to player appearances relates to meaningful and sustainable activity rather than one-off events and therefore the vast majority of appearances are taken up as part of the Vixens ongoing community programs. We preference Victorian-based netball clubs and associations, endorsed schools, nominated charities, peak community organisations promoting the health and well-being of girls and women and/or those which actively promote women's sport.
To assist junior development of netball, the Melbourne Vixens make numerous appearances to schools and netball clubs throughout the season and across the state. Many of these appearances are organised through Netball Victoria.
We consider all requests and endeavor to reply promptly. It is likely that organisations will be asked to pay for athlete appearances (details below).
Before applying, please check the Melbourne Vixens fixture and note:
- There is limited access to the Melbourne Vixens athletes between August and November.
- All requests must be placed six weeks prior to event.
- Athletes are subject to availability – please note we cannot guarantee specific athletes on every occasion, however will do our best to achieve this.
- If a Vixen is unavailable for your event, Netball Victoria can offer a former premier representative netballer, or one of our elite pathway players from the Victorian Fury.
- A tax invoice will be issued upon payment of appearance, please do not give payment to athletes.
Melbourne Vixens athlete appearances can be arranged from $220/hour per athlete plus travel (78 cents per km). Once confirmed, a more detailed quote will be provided.
Please contact Netball Victoria for more information on 03 9321 2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org